THIS CALL HAS CLOSED.
Deadline: 04/28/2019 5:00 PM Central Time
Fulton County Arts & Culture's (FCAC) Public Art Program seeks qualifications from visual artists or artist teams to design and install a mural at the entrance to the new JCT Resource Center located at 185 Central Ave SW, Atlanta. The intent of the mural is to facilitate the transition from the materiality of the courts complex to a welcoming space of learning within the Resource Center. Broadly, the mural will reinforce the traditional and stately character of the Fulton County court system and based on key themes of justice and equality.
• The mural should aim to showcase the rich history of Atlanta and Fulton County as well as project a positive future potential.
• Artists will work with Fulton County Superior Court staff and the Public Art Program team to realize their designs.
• The installation will take place in July 2019.
• Murals may be hand-painted directly on the wall or surface, digitally-printed onto vinyl adhesives; or painted onto artist-created panels.
• The total available area for the mural is 320sqft; however, the artist may choose to use less wall space following discussions with the project team.
The total budget for this project is $4,800 inclusive of artist fees, materials and travel costs.
A maximum of three finalists will be selected for a site orientation and will receive a $400 honorarium for a proposal.
The successful artist will be provided $200 for one set of revisions following their appointment.
|Artwork Location Description
The new Justice Resource Center is located on the 7th Floor of the Justice Center Tower - 185 Central Ave SW, Atlanta
The mural opportunity is open to all professional artists and/or artist-led teams over the age of 18 who currently reside in the State of Georgia. Students and Fulton County contractors and employees are not eligible.
Work examples: 1
Artist Statement: 200 word maximum
Letter of Interest: 200 word maximum
Artists are allowed to apply in teams.
Artists applying as a team must split the allotted number of work examples between themselves.
Select top artists - Late April
Site orientation - Early May
Select final artist - Late may
Installation - Mid-late July
|Area Dimensions (JPG)|
|Image 1 (JPG)|
|Image 2 (JPG)|
|Contact Information||Alex Frankcombe
141 Pryor St SW, #2030
Atlanta GA 30303 United States
|Website Submission Instructions
Complete the form and upload examples of your work