You will submit this application online using PublicArtist.org.
Northeast Lakeview College is commencing open, rolling calls for art procurement to complete the new STEM building, opening August of 2022. Artwork should be received unframed, reflect the community Northeast Lakeview serves, thoughtfully respond to this academic community and align with the mission and vision of Alamo Colleges District. Prices will be negotiated with artist selected, depending on availability and quantity of the work.
There is a set art procurement budget and each individual selection will be negotiated with the artist.
All artwork is to be received unframed and artist will deliver to our designated framer for receiving.
Artwork prices will be reviewed by committee and will range from, approximately $350 -$3,500 per piece.
“The vision of the Art Program for Northeast Lakeview College STEM campus is to reflect and encourage creative collaborations through artwork in our built environment. We encourage artwork in all permanent and sustainable media that celebrate and champion curiosity, creativity, and the powers of inquiry, observation, investigation. We hope these artworks will integrate effectively into classes and meeting rooms, and public areas while encouraging dialogue between multiple disciplines of learning and engagement into new areas of discovery.”
Artwork should be of the highest technical quality and be fabricated from safe and durable materials.
Size can range from as small as 8.5”x11”to 36”x 48”. Any larger items will be reviewed on a case by case basis. All media will be considered and reclaimed materials are encouraged if safely conveyed within the artwork. Artwork prices will be reviewed by committee and will range from, approximately $350 -$3,500 per piece.
• Artwork should be able to hold up and be safe to all who might approach the work,
• Pieces selected should relate to the built environment and also the STEM disciplines housed within the building.
Ideas for incorporation in art calls:
• Particle accelerators/ when particles collide
• Quantum Dots
• The electromagnetic spectrum
• Lichtenberg figures
• Barton’s pendulums
• Space in general/astronomy
• Electric/magnetic fields
• Projectile motion
• Periodic Table and electron shells periodic trends/ ionization energy/ atomic size/
• Atomic orbitals
• Spelling out words with Elements
• Close up chemical reaction/Crystal formation
• Microscopic view of reactions
• Individual chemicals/molecular geometry
• Crystal Forms and Geodes
• Igneous/Metamorphic/Sedimentary rock (rock Cycle)
• Instruction through art
• Geology Rocks! Display space for specimens
• Fossil forms
• Mountains and other basic geological formations (sedimentary folds)
• Solar system
• Plate Tectonics
• TEXAS A&M Zachry building art (data usage in the building
• Fractals and pixilations
• Circuit boards
• Wave Pools
• Standing waves
• Geometric forms
• Mechanics and machines
|Artwork Location Description
Artwork locations will be determined by design team and spread out throughout the 2-story building. All artwork will be framed archivally and have security hanging system on it. Art should be able to hold up in direct and indirect light sources.
These rolling calls will be open to all artists 21 years and older residing in Texas. Emerging and established artists welcomed to apply.
Resume: 2 page(s) maximum
Work examples: 5 - 10
Letter of Interest: 800 word maximum
Please provide a "statement on artwork" and why you feel your work is a good fit for a STEM building.
Artists are allowed to apply in teams.
Artists applying as a team must split the allotted number of work examples between themselves.
This is an RFP process. Please submit only works that are available for purchase.
• Artistic merit and technical quality of the body of work.
• Strong professional qualifications and/or experience.
• Demonstrated ability to work on time, on budget.
• Compatibility with the mission of Alamo Colleges District.
• Call will open on January 15, 2022.
• Call closes on Friday, July 15th, at 10:59PM CST. Applications are time stamped. Late or incomplete submissions will not be accepted. If the art procurement budget is spent before this deadline, the call will be removed. Please enter early to ensure that your proposal is reviewed.
• Artists will be notified on a rolling basis.
• Completion of building and installation, August 15th, 2022.
|Contact Information||Crystal Hollis